Saturday, March 9, 2013

My sweet Leopard... for friend

Leopards are graceful and powerful big cats closely related to lions, tigers, and jaguars.
They live in sub-Saharan Africa, northeast Africa, Central Asia, India, and China.
However, many of their populations are endangered, especially outside of Africa.

Hunting
The leopard is so strong and comfortable in trees that it often hauls its kills into the branches.
By dragging the bodies of large animals aloft it hopes to keep them
safe from scavengers such as hyenas.
Leopards can also hunt from trees, where their spotted coats allow them to blend
with the leaves until they spring with a deadly pounce.
These nocturnal predators also stalk antelope, deer, and pigs by stealthy movements in the tall grass. When human settlements are present, leopards often attack dogs and, occasionally, people.
Leopards are strong swimmers and very much at home in the water,
where they sometimes eat fish or crabs.
I was asked if I could crochet a leopard.
Sure it is possible just what size, colour, position and e.t. ...
She told about 12 inches sitting leopard. Yes, I can.
I was looking for right colour yarn for few weeks than crocheted that.
I made it, and she was very very happy and surprised that how real it was look.
I was tired to make these spots, however, it was worse. They look more nature.
I used mustard, black and white colours yarns, H 5 or 6 mm., Cat eyes, and pink ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment