Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine’s Day Surprise

What is good gift on Valentine’s Day for our love ones? Flowers? Jewelry?
I am sure everyone have a different answer.
For my husband I did surprise by put card in his lunch box and home he got a small surprise…
I made a small silly cupid.
I thought the cupid would be an interested as a gift.
Beside in classical mythology, Cupid (Latin Cupido, meaning "desire") is the god of desire,
erotic love, attraction and affection.
He is often portrayed as the son of the love goddess Venus and the war god Mars, and is known in Latin also as Amor ("Love"). His Greek counterpart is Eros.
The cupid made from 100% cotton pink, yellow and white. It was stuff with fiberfill.
Bow made from craft wire which wrapped with yellow cotton.  Red chenille stem used for arrow.
Diapers made with cotton fabric and pinned with a small pin.
The wings made 100% white cotton.
Some characteristics of the cupid are bellybutton on a stomach and a "soft place" marked.

Here are same other my Valentines Day gifts to my husband.
A heart.
I used red and white yarns. aAout 10 inches tall.
Изображение Изображение
My first bears made for valentine for my husband.
Изображение Изображение Изображение
Originally, it was one bear holding a Christmas wreath.
I decided to make 2 bears hugging each other and holding a heart.
All together composition about 4in by 4 in.

No comments:

Post a Comment