Thursday, June 30, 2016

Crochet Lumbar Vertebrae Crochet Thoracic Vertebrae

The lumbar vertebrae are, in human anatomy, the five vertebrae between the rib cage and the pelvis. They are the largest segments of the vertebral column and are characterized by the absence of the foramen transversarium within the transverse process (as it is only found in the cervical region), and by the absence of facets on the sides of the body. They are designated L1 to L5, starting at the top. The lumbar vertebrae help support the weight of the body, and permit movement.
I have 2 crochet the lumbar vertebrae which I did not use for the spine I made for my chiropractor.
I decided to do as a keychain.


The thoracic vertebrae compose the middle segment of the spine, between the lumbar vertebae (at the bottom), and the cervical vertebrae (at the top).
In humans, there are twelve thoracic vertebrae and they are intermediate in size between the cervical and lumbar vertebrae; they increase in size going towards the lumbar vertebrae, with the lower ones being a lot larger than the upper. They are distinguished by the presence of facets on the sides of the bodies for articulation with the heads of the ribs, and facets on the transverse processes of all, except the eleventh and twelfth, for articulation with the tubercles of the ribs. By convention, the human thoracic vertebrae are numbered T1-T12, with the first one (T1) located closest to the skull and the others going down the spine towards the lumbar region.
I have 3 crochet the thoracic vertebrae which I did not use for the spine I made for my chiropractor.
I decided to do as a keychain.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment